Your Student Services Hub is the place to go for the information you need. Your question matters and you’ll get answers from experts. Drop us a line or pay us a visit, you’re always welcome.
Contact or visit us
Get help in an emergency and out-of-hours support.
During term time
- In person, via telephone, email or live chat: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Extended service hours between 9am-7pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3 February - 20 March 2020.
During the vacation
- In person, via telephone, email or live chat: 10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Where to find us
The Student Services Hub is on the second floor of the Forum building in
Southend. The Hub incorporates Student Administration (Counter Services), the
Income Office and Student Support.
This is the general enquiry desk. Whatever your question, one of our friendly
advisers will help you find the answer. In particular, speak to an adviser at
this counter about:
We are not able to offer immigration advice. If you have an enquiry regarding the UK’s student immigration rules and requirements please read our immigration information. If you can’t find what you’re looking for or need further advice, you can contact one of our specialist teams.
Student Wellbeing and Inclusivity Service
We offer a drop-in service, open Monday to Friday 11am to 2pm. No appointment needed, just call in with your registration card. If we're not able to help you at the time, we can offer you a 30-minute appointment with an adviser where you can speak in confidence.
Come to the drop-in service at the SSH counter to:
Visit the income office to:
- pay your rent
- pay your tuition fees
- pay other miscellaneous costs, eg. lost room key/ID cards, room transfer
- be reimbursed for specific expenses
- purchase bus tickets at a discounted price
- discuss financial queries regarding rent or tuition fees, student
finance, sponsors etc
Find advice and support information