Immigration advice for International students
Immigration advice and guidance is regulated in the UK by the Office of the Immigration Services commissioner, this means only authorised University teams can provide you with guidance and advice about the UK’s student Immigration Rules. We recommend you read the extensive information about the UK’s student immigration rules and requirements on our immigration pages. We hope you will find all the information you require. You can also read the UKCISA webpages.
After reading the online information, if you can’t find what you’re looking for or need further guidance, you’ll be able to contact the relevant team via the ‘ask us a question’ section of our immigration pages.
Documents for UK Immigration Purposes
Our International Services team can produce the following documents for UK immigration purposes only:
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) for students continuing their course.
- An email for an employer detailing term and vacation dates for Tier 4/Student visa holders.
- A letter to apply for a new ATAS certificate to continue your course.
- A "highly likely" to pass letter for Postgraduate students going to study at another institution.
- A letter for eligible students to apply to the Skilled Worker route 3 months prior to completing their course.
Fill in our immigration enquiry form for current Essex students and let us know in the "Something else" section which of these documents you require. We’ll need your employers name, if it’s for employment purposes. We can’t provide any other documents.