Start building your career today
It’s never too early to start thinking of your career beyond graduation. So get the most from your Essex experience by tapping into our friendly, professional
careers support. Whether it’s coming along to our events, to getting one-to-one careers advice, we can we help to enhance your
employability and point you to ways to develop your skills and improve your CV. Find out more about these great ways to get involved.
The advice and support we offer is available to all undergraduate, masters, and PhD students while studying and after graduation.
How we can help
- Events - throughout the year you can get involved in workshops, fairs, and briefing sessions
- Jobs - log in to CareerHub for live part-time, seasonal, internship, and graduate job vacancies
- Internships - get a paid internship with a local or national employer by joining our excellent scheme
- Big Essex Award - showcase your extra-curricular achievements to prove your strong employability-factor
- Frontrunners - get an on-campus placement with our award-winning paid work experience scheme
- On-campus work experience - paid and unpaid opportunities, such as student ambassadors, peer mentors and Resident Support Network
- Volunteering - benefit the local community through the V-Team and other volunteering initiatives