Business and management falls under our Management and Marketing Group which is one of our core five subject groups at Essex Business School.
We offer postgraduate study in business and management across three different research groups:
- Our Management and Marketing Group is based at our Colchester campus and explores themes such as; the role of the consumer, the value of the employee and the importance of responsible management practices
- Our Organisational Studies and Human Resource Management Group, also based at our Colchester campus, focuses on research which explores the relationship between people and infrastructure which make up businesses.
- We also have expertise in the area of Strategy, Operations and Entrepreneurship, based at our Southend-on-Sea campus, which conduct research into how organisations and entrepreneurs can increase their benefit to society and minimize their environmental impact.
We offer further study in management, marketing and entrepreneurship at Masters and Research degree (PhD) level.
If you are interested in studying management, marketing or entrepreneurship at a higher level or want to take your own research into these areas to the next level, then you are welcome to apply for one of our postgraduate degrees:
We offer fifteen Masters degrees in management which will allow you to specialise in an area of your choosing:
Our three research centres allow you to collaborate with our academic staff among three different themes:
The Centre for Commons Organising, Values Equalities and Resilience (COVER) focuses on how the theoretical and practical possibilities of how commons values based on principles of cooperation, collaboration, and open knowledge sharing can foster more egalitarian, inclusive, and participative 21st-century economies, communities, and organisations
- The Centre for Work, Organisation and Society (CWOS) aims to support cross-disciplinary research on work, society and organisational life, its interdisciplinary research draws on the humanities and social sciences, bringing in perspectives from disciplines such as cultural studies, history, literary theory, philosophy, psychology, sociology and political economy.
- The Centre for Research on Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Management and Internationalisation (REIMI) contributes to a hub of research and training for entrepreneurship, innovation management and internationalisation and provide thought leadership in the three areas of entrepreneurship, international management and innovation.
If your thesis explores issues such as; international management, consumer studies, marketing and brand management, co-creation in social entrepreneurship, cognitive entrepreneurship and over-optimism, gender, diversity and intersectionality in the workplace, information systems in organisations, human resource management and approaches to wellbeing, work and organisation studies; then our supervisors would be interested in speaking with you about exploring it here within our research centres: