Led by Head of Basketball Performance, Tom Sadler, and assistant coach, Ross Norfolk, the basketball programme at the University has dramatically transformed over the last couple of years.
The men’s and women’s 1st teams compete in the BUCS Premier Leagues.
The University of Essex is also home to the Essex Rebels, one of the country’s fastest growing basketball programmes for men and women, with teams in the WBBL, NBL Division 2 and 3, and the Essex Rebels Academy in the Basketball England Academy Basketball League, Essex Rebels Junior Club, and Basketball England Talent Hub.
The Rebels performance pathway is leading the way for universities as a fully integrated programme that provides:
- Athlete profiling
- Strength and conditioning
- Mental Performance workshops/support
- Physio Therapy support for training and games
- Time tabled individual/small group workouts
- 3 Team Training sessions
- Basketball England National Cup Winners 2016
- BUCS National Trophy Winners 2017
- Basketball England National League Division 1 champions 2017
- BUCS Premier League Winners 2018 – 2020
There are opportunities for Performance Analysis, coaching, officiating and several playing opportunities for men and women alike.
For more information about our performacen basketball programme, please contact Tom Sadler on 01206 873639 or email email@example.com.
There isn’t a better time to #BEaREBEL