As a new student we are required to check your identity and that you have the right to study with us inside the UK. Here’s what you’ll need to bring with you to complete your registration and study with us, documents must be original unless otherwise stated below:
If you are a British or Irish national:
- British Citizen, UK or Irish passport or Irish passport card
British National Overseas, British Overseas Territories Citizen and British Overseas Citizens will also need UK immigration documents, and should refer to the section below..
If you were born in the UK or Ireland and you do not have the above, you need to bring TWO of the following:
- Birth or adoption certificate issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland including name of parent(s)
- Current UK driving licence
- Student Loans Company tuition fee loan confirmation (electronic/colour scan or photograph accepted)
- Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate*
- Benefits paperwork issued by HMRC, Job Centre Plus or a UK local authority*
*must be dated within the last 3 months
Please note: if you were born in the UK or Ireland, we may accept other forms of identification, depending on individual circumstances and at the discretion of the Registration Manager (Registration).
EU, EEA and Swiss nationals who travel to the UK after 31 December 2020 will require UK immigration permission to study, unless you have been granted settlement in the UK.
If you are a Non-UK/Irish national:
This also applies to those born outside of the UK and Ireland.
- Current passport and;
- Proof of your UK immigration status, for instance your Biometric Residence Permit and Entry Clearance sticker.
You can find more details about the documents we will accept by reading our Identity and Right to Study Documents table (.pdf).
As well as your ID, you may also be asked to provide the following so make sure you bring them with you:
- Scanned copies of your certificates of your qualifications (if our Admissions team have asked to see them)
- Documents relating to how you are paying your tuition fees (e.g. confirmation of funding from Student Loan Company, bursary or scholarships, or other sponsorship)
Please don’t forget to bring everything with you so we can complete your right to study check. If you haven’t got the documents we require, you may not be able to study with us.
If you are a European or Swiss national:
European and Swiss nationals who travel to the UK after 31 December 2020 will require a visa, unless you already have settlement in the UK.
If you have Settled Status or Pre-Settled Status, you must provide your passport and share code in order for us to check your immigration status online. Please visit the UK Government website to obtain a share code, selecting the option 'something else' as a reason, in order to obtain the correct code.