Our support services
We all have mental health. Sometimes our mental health is good and at other times it is not so good. At times, you may feel stressed, low, anxious, or feel that life is not worth living, or you may have a diagnosis of a mental health condition.
We understand it can feel daunting to speak with someone about support for your mental health, but whatever concerns you might have, or however you are feeling, please come and chat with us at our . If you would feel more comfortable with a telephone or Zoom appointment, you can still request this via our online appointment form.
During evenings and at weekends you can contact the 24-hour Student Wellbeing Support Line. If you live in University accommodation, you can contact Security for out of hours advice and support.
The external support services below are also available for you at any time you may need support for your wellbeing:
- 24 Hour Student Wellbeing Support Line: on 0800 970 5020 (outside UK: +44 141 271 7168) – this is staffed by counsellors from our partner counselling provider Validium - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- SilverCloud: an online cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) resource offering a range of programmes on mental health, wellbeing, and long-term conditions
- Togetherall is a safe, online peer-to-peer mental health community that empowers individuals to anonymously seek and provide support 24/7. To sign up, go to togetherall.com and use your student email address to register as a member of a university or college
- Colchester Campus: Security (24 hours) – 01206 872125 or 872222 in an emergency
- Southend Campus: University Square reception - 01702 328408 or 07920 821678
- Student Minds
Find out who to contact in a medical or mental health emergency