Our support services
We all have mental health. Sometimes our mental health is good and at other times it is not so good. At times, you may feel stressed, low, anxious, or feel that life is not worth living, or you may have a diagnosis of a mental health condition.
We understand it can feel daunting to speak with someone about support for your mental health, but whatever concerns you might have, or however you are feeling, please come and chat with us at our wellbeing drop-in. If you would feel more comfortable with a telephone or Zoom appointment, you can still request this via our online appointment form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
You can drop-in to speak to a Wellbeing Assessor for support and advice at the Student Wellbeing and Inclusivity Service, on the 1st floor of the Silberrad Student Centre. Our drop-in is available Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm, come along and if we can’t see you straight away, we will arrange an appointment for you, usually on the same day.
The wellbeing drop-in is open Monday-Friday, 1.10pm-2.10pm (with an evening drop-in from 6.10pm-7pm on Mondays and Thursdays) at the Student Services Hub on the ground floor of Hatfield House.
Based at the Student Services Hub on the 2nd floor of The Forum, the drop-in at Southend is available in-person Tuesdays to Thursdays from 11am-2pm. For support on other days of the week or to arrange a telephone or Zoom appointment, please complete our online appointment form.
During evenings and at weekends you can contact the 24-hour Student Wellbeing Support Line (below). If you live in University accommodation, you can contact Security for out-of-hours advice and support. These support services are also available for you at any time you may need support for your wellbeing:
- 24-hour Student Wellbeing Support Line: on 0800 970 5020 (outside UK: +44 141 271 7168) –open every day, including weekends and bank holidays
- SilverCloud: an online cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) resource offering a range of programmes on mental health, wellbeing, and long-term conditions
- Togetherall is a safe, online peer-to-peer mental health community that empowers individuals to anonymously seek and provide support 24/7. To sign up, go to togetherall.com and use your student email address to register as a member of a university or college
- Colchester Campus: Security (24 hours) – 01206 872125 or 872222 in an emergency
- Southend Campus: University Square reception - 01702 328408 or 07920 821678
- Student Minds
Find out who to contact in a medical or mental health emergency