2020 applicants
Study Abroad

Departmental Study Abroad Officers

Our team

Every department has a Departmental Study Abroad Officer (DSAO), and they will be your contact for academic guidance and approval throughout your study abroad journey. You will need to meet with them to discuss your initial university choices before submitting your application to ensure they are suitable. 

Before and while you’re abroad, you will also consult with them regarding your module choices – your DSAO must approve the modules you study abroad.

Joint Degrees

 If you are studying for a joint degree, for example Politics with Modern Languages, you will need to speak to DSAOs from both departments.


Essex Business School - Southend

Life Sciences