You must meet all of the following conditions:
- This scholarship is restricted to applicants who are classified as overseas students for fees purposes and who are progressing directly from the University of Essex International College;
- Have received an offer of admission for entry to the University of Essex for the relevant year of entry;
- Be entirely self-funding your course;
- Be one of the top three performing UG and PG eligible students in the cohort based on your exam results on your course at the University of Essex International College;
- Register for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Essex for the relevant academic year of entry (directly after completion of the University of Essex International College programme);
- Be in your first year of study at the University at the start of the award, starting an eligible course following successful completion of the Foundation Certificate or Pre-Masters pathways course at UEIC;
- Eligible courses include all full-time UG and PGT courses available as pathway progression routes from University of Essex International College (Kaplan) to University of Essex;
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards. This scholarship is available for the first year of study only;
- These awards are based on marks achieved at first examination. Any students required to re-sit will not be eligible to receive this award;
Students who aren't eligible
You are not eligible for this award, even if you meet the criteria above, if you:
- are required to re-sit;
- are studying International Year One courses;
- have deferred to a different academic year of entry.
- are fully or partly sponsored.
How to apply
You don’t need to complete an application form. The International College will assess your eligibility based on your academic performance. No alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you'll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
Kaplan International College Progression Scholarship 2022-23 Terms and Conditions
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you received, see our terms and conditions for previous years.