- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*.
- Only those applicants put forward by one of our Global Channel Partners listed in the terms and conditions below will be considered for this award (excluding applicants on the UKT Law programmes for which we have a separate scholarship).
- Applicants must meet our standard conditional offer (not including any flexible offer level, see exceptions to this below).
- Applicants must actively make Essex their firm choice by 15 July 2022. Applicants that become firm with Essex through rejection by their original firm choice selection.
- GDUFS students are only eligible for the award if they achieve 85% or above in link agreement programme/s.
- Shanghai University students are only eligible for the award if achieve 75% or above in link agreement programme/s.
- ZISU students are only eligible for the award if achieve 80% or above in link agreement programme/s.
- CSCSE students are only eligible for the award with A in one graded component for 3+1 SQA entry in link agreement programme/s, elsewhere are not eligible.
- Students must be starting their first year of undergraduate study at Essex in 2022-23.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities
*Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Students who aren't eligible
The following students are NOT eligible for this scholarship regardless of meeting the above criteria:
- Current students are not eligible for this award.
- Students who are classified as a Home fee paying student.
- Students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- Students undertaking a degree that is normally delivered wholly online
- Students placed through the UCAS or Direct Application Clearing process are not eligible for this award.
- This scholarship award does not apply to deferred entry. Where a scholarship has been awarded to a student who subsequently defers entry to the following academic year, the award will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
How to apply
If you meet all the eligibility criteria you will automatically be considered for this award. You don’t need to complete an application form. The University will assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex. No alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
These scholarships will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. Payment cannot be offset against a tuition fee deposit if one is required.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you'll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
Essex Global Partner Scholarship - Terms and conditions for 2022-2023 entry (.pdf)
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you received, see our terms and conditions for previous years.