- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*.
- These scholarships are restricted to students studying on the LLB M103 Law (Senior Status) programme only.
- Students must be starting their first year of study on the LLB M103 Law (Senior Status) programme at the University of Essex in 2022-2023.
- Students must have been awarded an equivalent of a UK 2.1 at undergraduate level.
- Students must actively make Essex their firm choice by 15 July 2022. Applicants that become firm with Essex through rejection by their original firm choice selection elsewhere are not eligible.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of study only.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
*Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Students who are not eligible
The following students are NOT eligible for this scholarship regardless of meeting the above criteria:
- Students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- Students who are classified as a Home fee paying student.
- Students undertaking a course that is normally delivered wholly online.
- This scholarship award does not apply to deferred entry. Where a scholarship has been awarded to a student who subsequently defers entry to the following academic year, the award will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry
- Current students.
How to apply
If you meet all the eligibility criteria you will automatically be considered for this award. You don’t need to complete an application form. The University will assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex. No alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
These scholarship awards will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you'll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
Academic Excellence Senior Status Law Scholarship - Terms and conditions for 2022-2023 entry (.pdf)
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you received, see our terms and conditions for previous years.