- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) of Mauritius.
- Students must be starting their first year of undergraduate study at Essex in 2022-2023.
- Applicants must actively make Essex their firm choice by 15 August 2022. Applicants that become firm with Essex through rejection by their original firm choice selection elsewhere are not eligible.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of study only.
- Eligible courses are full time courses leading to the award of a Foundation Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or Integrated Master’s degree.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- *Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Students who aren't eligible
The following students are NOT eligible for this scholarship regardless of meeting the above criteria:
- Students undertaking courses at East 15 Acting School.
- Students who are fully or partly sponsored
- Students who are classified as a Home fee paying student.
- Students undertaking a degree that is normally delivered wholly online
- This scholarship award does not apply to deferred entry. Where a scholarship has been awarded to a student who subsequently defers entry to the following academic year, the award will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
- Students transferring into the second year from another UK higher education institution.
- University of Essex International College (UEIC) Pathway students.
How to apply
We'll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don't need to complete an application form.
These scholarship awards will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. Payment cannot be offset against a tuition fee deposit if one is required.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you'll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
Mauritius Regional Scholarship - Terms and conditions for 2022-2023 entry (.pdf)
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you received, see our terms and conditions for previous years.