To be eligible for the Hardship Fund, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Household income
- you have a low household income (up to £35,000) OR
- you are suffering unexpected financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- you are a fully registered UK, EU or international undergraduate or postgraduate student studying at the University of Essex for academic year 2020-21
- you are studying a full-time course or substantial part time course (at least 50% of full-time equivalent)
- you had previously made adequate provision to cover all of your fees and living costs, but are now in demonstrable need or financial support as a result of unexpected exceptional changes in financial circumstances
- if you are requesting support for childcare, your child/children must be aged 11 years or younger and you may apply for a maximum of up to three children