This bursary is offered as part of our commitment to accessibility and widening participation for higher education and to support students without family support.
If you're a new or continuing undergraduate or postgraduate student who are estranged from your parents, you could be eligible for a bursary of up to £1,500.
The deadline to apply for 2023-24 is 24 July 2024
We also offer a Care Experienced bursary. Being Care Experienced is different to estrangement. If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria below, please check the terms and conditions for the Care Experienced Bursary to ensure you apply to the correct fund.
How to apply
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria above
- Carefully read the guidance notes
- Register for the Blackbullion online money management website
- Click the ‘Funding’ tab and select ‘UoE Care Experienced and Estranged Bursary’
- Submit your signed declaration form and supporting evidence
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for a university fund. They contain important information about eligibility, evidence required and how to apply.
Estranged Bursary terms and conditions 2023-24 (.pdf)