If you have applied for Disabled Students' Allowance and your confirmation of funding letter includes the purchase of a laptop, you may be awarded a one-off £200 grant to cover your contribution towards the cost of the laptop.
In order to apply you must meet all of the following conditions:
- To be eligible to receive a Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) Laptop Contribution Fund, you must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for an award:
- You are eligible for UK home fees and ordinarily resident in the UK (overseas and EU students are not eligible)
- You are a current full time or part-time registered student at the University of Essex for academic year 2021-22
- You have completed a Study Needs Assessment for academic year 2021/22, had equipment recommended and purchased this equipment
- You have an annual household income of up to £25,000 as assessed by Student Finance England and have been means tested or other UK student funding provider
If your household income is above £25,000 you can apply to the main Hardship Fund.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you'll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
How to apply
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria above
- Carefully read the guidance notes
- Register for the Blackbullion online money management website
- Click the ‘Funding’ tab and select ‘Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) Laptop Contribution Fund 2021-22’
- Submit your signed application form and supporting evidence
Note: your application will not be assessed until we receive a full and complete application form, including all evidence necessary to complete an assessment.
Payments are normally made by BACS payments. BACS payments will be made as soon as possible within 5 working days.