You can access your home network drive remotely using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
We recommend using the FileZilla Client but you can use a different SFTP client if you prefer.
- Download and install the FileZilla Client.
- Open FileZilla and choose File → Site Manager... → New Site
- Enter a name for the site, for example "My home drive", and then enter the following settings:
||SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
||Enter your University username (do not add @essex.ac.uk after your username)
||Enter your University password
- Choose Connect.
- Choose OK if you're asked to confirm the host's key fingerprint.
- Once you're connected you'll be able to see all of your files and folders stored in your drive. Drag and drop files to download or upload.
- To disconnect from your drive simply close FileZilla Client.
For help using the FileZilla Client, visit FileZilla Support.