How will the centre benefit our students and the community?
- The centre will help provide a range of different work experience opportunities where students and local coaches from the region can develop their skills and experience. Students within the School of Sport, Rehabilitation and Exercise Science will find this particularly beneficial as they seek to build careers and employability experience for their future in coaching, sports science support, sports therapy or physiotherapy.
- We will also offer coaching subsidies for those looking to get into coaching and wanting to gain nationally recognised qualifications, particularly helping those emerging and talented female coaches from BAME groups by providing opportunities for students to be part of future projects and communities of practice.
- We will be looking to run different coaching workshops, mentoring schemes, coaching observations, seminars and FA coaching courses, alongside our partner clubs of Ipswich Town, Billericay Town, Hashtag United, AFC Sudbury and West Ham United Women.
At Essex, we also have a range of different opportunities for our students that have a passion for sport. From dedicated sport and exercise based courses to our performance sport scholarship opportunities where we can provide a range of different funding for select talented athletes in our five main performance sports of Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Football and Rugby 7s.
As well as this, our School of Sport, Rehabilitation and Exercise Sciences is also home to our Sports Therapy Clinic providing both athletes and non-athletes alike the opportunity of rehab with a range of different assessments and treatments.
Female Coach Development Programme
The University of Essex FA Women’s High Performance Football Centre is looking to recruit 14 aspiring female student coaches to gain a place on our new Female Coach Development Programme. This is an exciting opportunity for female students that have a passion for the women’s and girls’ game who are looking to grow their knowledge and gain valuable experience.
We are giving 14 female students the chance to sign up to this exclusive 10-week programme that will give them the opportunity to develop themselves as coaches whilst receiving mentoring support from our Women’s and Girl’s Coach Development Officer.
The programme will consist of the following:
- 10 workshops covering topics such as the FA 4-corner model and session planning & delivery.
- 4 online qualifications; these include: EE Playmaker, Disability Football Intro, Intro to Futsal and Intro to Talent Identification.
- 3 external visits (Essex RTC, Ipswich Town ETC, High Performance GK Centre) to experience real life club environments within the women’s and girl’s game.
You must be able to commit to the following dates:
- Tuesday 31 January 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 7 February 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 21 February 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 7 March 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 25 April 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 2 May 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 16 May 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 6 June 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tuesday 13 June 5.30pm to 7.00pm
If you can commit to the dates above and have a real passion for the women and girls’ game, and want to start your coaching journey, then please fill out the sign up form.
Start your coaching journey