You must meet all of the following conditions:
- be ordinarily resident in the country specified.
- have received an offer of admission for entry to the University of Essex for 2021
- register for a full-time undergraduate degree at the University of Essex with first enrolment in 2021-22
- be in the first year of your degree course in 2021-2022
- for 2021-2022 entry: students must make Essex your firm choice on UCAS by 17 September 2021
Students who aren't eligible
You are not eligible for this award, even if you meet the criteria above, if you:
- defer your entry (if you defer entry to the following year, the award will be withdrawn, though you may be considered again under the following year's terms and conditions)
- are on any East 15 Acting School courses
- are fully or partly sponsored
- are transferring into the second year from another UK higher education institution
- are directly continuing from one course to another (for example, from foundation degree or HND on to the final year of an honours degree)
How to apply
If you meet all the eligibility criteria above you will automatically be awarded the Bulgarian Partnership Bursary.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you'll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
Bulgarian Partnership Bursary - Terms and conditions for 2021-2022 entry (.pdf)
If you're a current student looking for information about an award you received, see our terms and conditions for previous years.