You will apply to work on events that suit your studies and other commitments and this role is flexible to suit your needs. Once accepted onto a shift, you will have the option to work on a variety of events, such as Open Days, Offer Holder Days, and Campus visits, where you will take part in the following:
- You will provide information and tours of your accommodation and answer questions from visitors about living on campus
- During your shifts, you will show the communal areas of your flat and your bedroom (including your ensuite, if applicable)
- Provide a positive Essex experience to our guests through showcasing your accommodation and the student experience
- We ask that you keep your flat clean and tidy when you are working, to ensure guests have a positive experience of Essex accommodation
What are the benefits?
- You will earn £10.90 per hour
- You can secure your first part-time job at university and start earning money from October 2023!
- Being able to work on campus and apply for shifts that fit around your studies!
- We will clean the communal areas of your flat, ahead of large events, such as Open Days and Offer Holder Days, to ensure your accommodation is ready to show to visitors
- Developing skills and experiences to add to your CV and job applications
- Your work will count towards the Chart My Path and Big Essex Award, where you can gain recognition for your Accommodation Representative role, on your digital transcript
Want to apply?
- Applications are now open through your accommodation application.
- Once you have applied you will then be invited to a compulsory training session
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and will be required to provide original Right to Work documentation before you start working. You must also have a UK bank account
- You must also have a National Insurance Number. We would advise that you apply for your National Insurance Number as soon as possible
- Other documentation may be requested upon application
- If you have any questions before you apply, please email Zoe Pomfret.
Already an Accommodation Representative?
- Please log into your online portal to apply for shifts and submit your timesheets
- If you have a payment query, please email the Accommodation Representative Team
- If you wish to update your personal or accommodation details, please email HR and update the Accommodation Representative Team
Accommodation Representative Scheme contact details
|Staff Member and Contact Details ||Role ||How we can help|
Freya Easton Durling
| Student Staff Coordinator ||Accommodation Representative work and payment queries|
01206 87 6018
|Recruitment Events Officer and Accommodation Representative Manager ||Open Days, Offer Holder Days, UCAS Essex Exhibition, Postgraduate Events|