You will be part of a network of students, trained as Accommodation Representatives who live in on-campus show flats, which are available for prospective students and their guests to visit on events such as Open Days, Applicant Days, and Campus visits.
The role is very flexible, to fit around your studies and other commitments and you can work as often as you like:
- You will provide information and tours of your accommodation and answer questions from visitors about living on campus in our accommodation
- During your shifts, you will show the communal areas of your flat and your bedroom (including your ensuite, if applicable)
- We ask that you keep your flat clean and tidy when you are working, to ensure guests have a positive experience of Essex accommodation
What are the benefits?
- You will earn £10.07 per hour
- You can secure your first job at university and start earning money from October 2022!
- Being able to work on campus and apply for shifts that fit around your studies!
- We will clean the communal areas of your flat, ahead of large events, such as Open Days and Applicant Days, to ensure your accommodation is ready to show to visitors
- Developing skills and experiences to add to your CV and job applications
- Your work will count towards the Chart My Path award, where you can gain recognition for your Accommodation Representative role, on your digital transcript
Want to apply?
- Applications will open shortly and you will then be invited to compulsory training in October 2022 on campus
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and will be required to provide original Right to Work documentation before you start working. You must also have a UK bank account
- You must also have a National Insurance Number. We would advise that you apply for your National Insurance Number now, if you wish to apply for this role
- Other documentation may be requested upon application
- If you have any questions before you apply, please email Zoe Dawson.
Already an Accommodation Representative?
- If you need to cancel your shift, please log on to the Heat Portal where you can find contact details of the event organiser. Please email or call them directly
- If you have a payment query, please email the Accommodation Representative Team
- If you wish to update your personal or accommodation details, please email HR and update the Student Recruitment Team
Accommodation Representative Scheme contact details
| Staff Member and Contact Details
||How we can help
Freya Easton Durling
| Student Staff Coordinator
||Accommodation Representative work and payment queries
01206 87 6018
|Recruitment Events Officer and Accommodation Representative Manager
||Open Days, Applicant Days, UCAS Fairs, Postgraduate Events