The health and wellbeing of our students is our priority, and this has been one of the focuses to ensure students can start on campus – safely – in October.
This means we are constantly monitoring advice from the UK Government, Public Health England, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and the World Health Organisation.
To protect our community on campus once the academic year starts again in October, we will be looking to introduce the following measures:
- Enhanced cleaning and sterilising regimes
- Social distancing in line with international guidance
- Signage and floor markings in key locations to help you move around our campuses safely
We’re asking you to wear face coverings in all public campus areas where social distancing is difficult to maintain or in specifically designated locations. We’ll be supporting you by giving two washable face coverings to all students.
There is a number of support systems available to you whilst you are at Essex, for whenever you need them and for however long you wish to use them.
- Medical support and healthcare (and our online mental health programme SilverCloud)
- Mental and emotional health support
- Personalised advice and support from the Student Services Hub
The University also runs a variety of online events throughout the year including at-home yoga and mindfulness sessions.
To find out more about the network of support you will benefit from during your time at Essex, please visit the Student Directory.