The University’s Schools Membership Plus level is a network of colleges and sixth forms in the Eastern region, allowing us to engage more effectively with teachers, advisers, and their students. Through Schools Membership Plus, we’ve helped keep partners more informed and up to date with current higher education issues, while helping as many students as possible make informed decisions and reach higher education.
Schools Membership Plus partners are entitled to a range of benefits in exchange for their active participation in the scheme, attendance at our events, and the provision of feedback during the year. The benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Monthly newsletters to keep you informed about all our upcoming activities.
- A single point of contact at the university for any information relating to the University of Essex or Higher Education in general.
- Priority booking for all of our engaging events for students and staff.
- £1,000 Travel Bursary to support visits and event attendance (correct for 2022/23, amount subject to approval annually).
- Priority for any school talks or careers fairs you invite us to deliver at your school/ college.
- Subject enrichment sessions and subject taster sessions delivered virtually, at your school/college, or on campus.
- CPD opportunities for staff.
- An invite to our Annual Teachers' and Advisers' Conference taking place 16 June 2023.
We understand that the needs of each college and sixth form are unique, so we work flexibly with our partners to ensure that their students benefit as much as possible. Our team can design bespoke activities at your request to tailor activities and events to your students' needs, and we also invite regular feedback to ensure that our offering is relevant, useful, and worthwhile.
To find out more about any of the benefits above or to check if your school/college is a Schools Membership Plus partner please email email@example.com.