Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
Find out more about how to apply for our Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, read our hints, tips and FAQs.
Visit our Professional Doctorate application pages
for hints, tips and checklists for this pathway.
MPhil, MSc by Dissertation, and PhD applications
We've condensed our application process into four easy steps:
- Take a look at our staff research interests to find out what specific areas of interest we cover. We welcome preliminary enquiries through the Graduate Administrator. We encourage a brief research proposal prior to the submission of a full application.
- Complete the University's online application form. Check out our handy check lists to be sure your on top of your application: MPhil and MSc by Dissertation Applicants, or PhD Applicants.
- Pass the letter to referees and entrance requirements to one referee of your choice. Fill in your name, address and degree you have applied for at the bottom of your referee letter. It is advisable to contact your referee before sending the letters in case they are unable to write on your behalf. We are not able to process your application until your reference has been received.
- Provide details of your qualifications and work experience (a separate CV is acceptable, but details must also be included on the application form). If, at the time of applying, you are in the final stages of another course, please ensure that you inform us of your result when known.
Preparing for interview
As part of the decision making process, we'll invite you to an interview before a formal offer is made.
The purposes of this interview are:
- To assess your suitability to undertake the programme
- To meet your potential supervisor(s)
- To provide an opportunity to discuss your proposed research in greater detail
- To answer any question you may have about the programme and university
Detailed information about the format of the interview will be provided to you in advance of the meeting.
International students/those who cannot easily make a day trip to the university will be offered an interview via telephone or Skype.