This module is run over three study days or workshops plus half day workshop on the assignment. In addition students participate in online reading and discussions. One to one tutorials are available from the Module Lead for assignment preparation.
Topics covered include:
- Current theories and practice on leadership and followership, –including current NHS and social care models of distributed, transformational, engaged, patient and servant leadership.
- Leading for change in the evolving landscapes of heath and social care.
- Reflective practice in leadership including self-assessment of leadership.
- The role of followers in leadership–team profiling and assessment.
- How leadership is enacted in their professional context–students interview a leader in their organisation.
We understand that deciding where and what to study is a very important decision for you. We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities as described on our website. However, if we need to make material changes, for example due to significant disruption, or in response to COVID-19, we’ll let our applicants and students know as soon as possible.
3000 word critical reflective commentary with associated supporting material.