Applying for Health and Social Care CPD

Once you have reviewed our Continuing Professional Development options you can fill out one of the application forms listed below, confirm your funding source, and email all documents to

The School of Sport, Rehabilitation and Exercise Sciences also run their own CPD courses. Please email them at if you have any queries about their programmes.

 If you are interested in developing your skills through apprenticeship, take a look at our ever growing Degree and Higher Apprenticeships options.

Do you want a modular programme, or a one-off module?

If you are intending to work towards a qualification by stacking up modules, your first step will be to get in touch with us. We'll refer you to the appropriate module or programme lead to discuss your plans and come up with a pathway plan. We'll help you decide on the most suitable modules for you, taking into account your professional and personal circumstances. As you go along, this plan can be flexible, but it helps to have an idea of what modules you will take along the way from the beginning.

If you would rather study just one module as a standalone course, there's no need for a pathway plan. You can move straight on to considering your prior academic learning and professional experience.

Any academic learning or professional experience?

You may be able to use your prior academic learning and professional experience to gain credit towards the specific programme you are interested in. This process is called Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL). Further information about APEL is available from Academic Standards and Quality.

When you are making your application, it is helpful to mention your prior learning as it helps us to ensure the module is right for you. You may also require prior learning in order to start the module or pathway. Please note there is an administration fee for the APEL process request. 

To discuss APEL with us, please get in touch.

Making your application

Once you have had your pathway discussion, and if necessary spoken to us about APEL, you will need to fill out the appropriate application form below.

Application documents

MSc programme application

Module application

Let us know about funding

If you are unsure of how to fund your course, more information is available about your options on our CPD funding page.


Please complete your application and send it to . We will be in touch about how to make payments.

Funded by your employer?

Please obtain your line manager's signature once you have completed the application form. You will need to include how payment will be made, and if you work for the NHS you will need to forward the application to your Education Liaison Manager for processing. If you do not work for the NHS, please get in touch at

Funded by a charitable organisation?

Please complete the application form with the signature of the person providing the funds and the way that they will be paying. Once this has been sent to we will let your sponsor know how to make payments.

What next?

Please email your signed and completed application and funding information to Once we have reviewed your application, we will write to confirm if you have been successful in gaining a place.

Get in touch