Teaching and learning disclaimer
Following the impact of the pandemic, we made changes to our teaching and assessment to ensure our current students could continue with their studies uninterrupted and safely. These changes included courses being taught through blended delivery, normally including some face-to-face teaching, online provision, or a combination of both across the year.
The teaching and assessment methods listed show what is currently planned for 2021 entry; changes may be necessary if, by the beginning of this course, we need to adapt the way we’re delivering them due to the external environment, and to allow you to continue to receive the best education possible safely and seamlessly.
This module is run over three study days or workshops plus half day workshop on the assignment. In addition students participate in online reading and discussions. One to one tutorials are available from the Module Lead for assignment preparation.
Topics covered include:
- Current theories and practice on leadership and followership, –including current NHS and social care models of distributed, transformational, engaged, patient and servant leadership.
- Leading for change in the evolving landscapes of heath and social care.
- Reflective practice in leadership including self-assessment of leadership.
- The role of followers in leadership–team profiling and assessment.
- How leadership is enacted in their professional context–students interview a leader in their organisation.
3000 word critical reflective commentary with associated supporting material.