You may apply for this module if you:
- are a practising professional
- are familiar with, and able to undertake, self-directed study
- bring to the course a wealth of practical experience in diabetes management; and
- are working in an area of healthcare (for at least 15 hours per week) where management of diabetes is being provided for people under your care.
Opportunities to observe and participate in diabetic management practice should be identified prior to commencing the module to ensure the practice assessments are able to be achieved. A trained diabetes practitioner, with relevant training and experience who is willing to act as your practice supervisor must be identified prior to commencing the module. Completion of the practice supervision agreement form is required before entry onto the module is permitted.
You are required to have a person act as your practice supervisor. They must be suitably qualified and experienced in diabetes practice and the mentorship/supervision of colleagues. Although not exhaustive the list below would provide sufficient indication of a person’s suitability for this role:
- currently works in a field of practice that specialises in diabetes, e.g. GP specialist in diabetes, nurse consultant in diabetes, diabetes nurse specialist (who has undergone further training in diabetes practice), Novo/Sanofi diabetes nurse facilitators.
- holds a mentorship / clinical supervision / clinical educators or teaching qualification.
The level and co-requisite module chosen will depend upon your previous academic experience, current role and expectations within your workplace. Please discuss this with the module lead before applying to determine which level and module combination would be most appropriate for you.
Please discuss the above with the module leader if you are unsure that you can meet the above pre-requisites for this course.