How to notify us
If you have discovered material on our website which is unlawful, please contact the web team via email with the following details:
- Your contact details
- Details of the Resource
- The website address where you found the content
- Details of your complaint
- If you are complaining about breach of copyright, please state if you are the rights owner or are authorised to act for them
The following 'Notice and Takedown' procedure will be followed
- We will acknowledge receipt of your notification by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint, possibly taking legal advice.
- If we believe that the material constitutes copyright infringement, it will be temporarily removed until we have investigated more fully.
- We will contact the contributor who deposited the material. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to ease the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material will be returned to the University of Essex unchanged.
- The material will be returned to the University of Essex with appropriate changes.
- The material will be permanently removed from the University of Essex.
- If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through the University of Essex until a time when a resolution has been reached.
Our policy is based on the notice and takedown policy by the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Licence.
Find out more about this policy by clicking through to their website.