Fitness classes must be booked in advance online or via the Essex Sport app. Peak and off-peak access to fitness classes still apply; classes after 3pm will only be available to Gold members.
Some fitness classes will now be in the Sports Hall in order to retain capacity. Please check the location of your class before attending.
- Gold members will be able to book classes 14 days in advance
- Silver members will be able to book classes 10 days in advance
- Mats will no longer be available; please bring your own
- Sanitise your hands at the start and end of the session, and before any drink breaks
- Do not share or pass any equipment, or use any equipment marked out of use
- Please arrive for, and exit, classes promptly; you will be able to access the turnstiles 5 minutes before the class start time
Student only classes
Classes in Studio 2, and virtual classes delivered through ‘Fitness on Demand’, will only be available for University of Essex Student members.
Student, Staff and Public classes
Classes taking place in the Sports Hall, as well as live classes in the Cycle Studio, will be available to all members.
To ensure members are not restricted in the style of classes they can attend, scheduling has been configured to ensure a range of classes can be accessed by all members.
View the latest fitness class timetable and information.