Using Technology to Enhance Learning in Practice
This module is designed to enhance the critical understandings of strategies, techniques and pedagogies employed to enhance learning through the use of technology.
Participants will explore and experiment with a range of technology-enhanced learning strategies, demonstrating critical application of these within the design of health professions education. Students are encouraged to design learning materials that they can then go on to use in their professional practice.
This module fits well within our Medical and Clinical Education pathway at PG Diploma or Masters level or our MSc Health Care Practice.
- Critically appraise and synthesise education policies and strategies, and recognise the applications and implications of use in your own sector and work setting.
- Critically appraise and synthesise theories and research evidence underpinning TEL.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, implement and participate in a range of TEL activities for teaching, learning, assessment and feedback purposes.
- Show a critical awareness of the changing role of the teacher and the student as TEL evolves, and recognise access issues in terms of culture, language, and digital literacy.
This module is taught online, supported with four 3 hour workshops to develop practical skills. Topics covered include:
- Pedagogy for online learning
- Practical skills for the design, development and creation of an online learning resource.
We understand that deciding where and what to study is a very important decision for you. We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities as described on our website. However, if we need to make material changes, for example due to significant disruption, or in response to COVID-19, we’ll let our applicants and students know as soon as possible.
- 1,500 word critique of educational theories and pedagogy for online learning.
- Creation of a work based on line learning activity or object with 1,500 word critical commentary.
Fees and funding
If you require further details about this module, including future course dates, please email email@example.com.