In this module you will work independently under the supervision of an academic. Throughout the year of your study, there are a number of workshops and online resources to support you. You will build on content from previous modules including:
- Working with a supervisor
- Building on critical appraisal skills
- Developing an appropriate and feasible research question
- Designing a research project and protocol
- Ethical and Governance considerations
- Quantitative and qualitative data reporting
- Evaluation of the research process/evidence
- Presentation skills
- Authorship/writing skills
- Dissemination strategies
- Project and Time management.
We understand that deciding where and what to study is a very important decision for you. We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities as described on our website. However, if we need to make material changes, for example due to significant disruption, or in response to COVID-19, we’ll let our applicants and students know as soon as possible.
A 12,000 word dissertation with associated appendices and documents. You will be encouraged to submit a poster to the annual student research conference in the School.