Quality Improvement in Practice
Do you want to influence or effect changes in your work-place that will lead to better outcomes for patients or users of health and social care services? Do you want to develop your knowledge and skills in quality improvement and use these across your organisation?
Increasingly practitioners in all fields are required to innovate and improve. This module offer you a creative space to acquire and reflect on professional and organisational development skills and knowledge through the completion of a service improvement project.
This module fits well in our MA Professional Practice pathway, or into our Health Care Practice pathway at Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Masters level.
- Display a mastery of complex and specialised knowledge and critical awareness of issues at the forefront of contemporary health care practice
- employ advanced subject specific and cognitive skills in order to advance practice in your area
- Critically analyse and synthesise information from a range of sources, exploring emerging contradictions
- Synthesise and utilise knowledge to generate new ideas and advance current practice
- Demonstrate advanced judgement in problem identification, problem solving and decision making within your professional role
- Engage in self appraisal and critical reflection
- Lead effective communication with clients and colleagues in the development of practice
The module is launched with a workshop in which you explore your ideas for service and quality improvement and the development you will need. You develop your ideas and learning under the guidance of an academic supervisor in regular tutorials.
We ask also that you have a work-placed mentor to support the delivery of your project in your work-place and the learning needs that arise there.
We understand that deciding where and what to study is a very important decision for you. We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities as described on our website. However, if we need to make material changes, for example due to significant disruption, or in response to COVID-19, we’ll let our applicants and students know as soon as possible.
You write up an account of your service or quality improvement project along with a reflective commentary on the learning and development you derived from undertaking the project.
Fees and funding
If you require further details about this module, including future course dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.