We are not currently running any Continuing Professional Development modules. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
As a health or social care professional you engage regularly in continuous professional development (CPD).
Although CPD is highly valuable in terms of shaping your ideas, learning techniques and broadening understanding, you may not have had the ‘space’ for reflection, or to consider how you have applied that learning in your professional practice.
This module gives you an opportunity to demonstrate how you have applied the learning into day to day practice and therefore helps to bridge the practice-theory gap.
This module fits well into our MA Professional Practice pathway, or our MSc Health Care Practice pathway.
After this module you will be able to:
- Articulate or summarise key aspects of learning derived from attendance/participation of a set of events.
- Show a detailed understanding of the key principles or techniques presented in the learning events.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically appraise the evidence base for applying a change to practice.
- Analyse how the learning has been applied to an individual context.
- Propose a plan that encompasses potential areas for future development arising from the ‘application of learning to practice’ process.
Accreditation and professional recognition
This module links into requirements for NMC or HCPC as evidence of CPD.