Categories of action
The following categories of action are used to help you decide what to do in response to the bulletin:
- For information (with a green banner). These do not require specific action, but may need you to review health and safety practice
- For action (with amber banner). These are issued when you need to take specific action and may include a date by which action needs to be taken.
- Urgent (with red banner). These are used to inform you about serious health and safety risks for which urgent action needs to be taken.
Categories of bulletin
Bulletins are categorised and shown in the bottom right-hand corner of each bulletin.
- Policy - University requirement
- Committee - notification/actions arising from Health and Safety Committee
- Good practice - notifying about anything relating to improving health and safety practice
- Safety alert - accident, prosecution, civil claim or safety hazard which signifies need to review practice
- Consultation - we want your feedback on new health and safety standards
- Training - advertising new training opportunities
- Event - advertising upcoming events