There are three main types of cards available:
Please contact Estate Management Services Helpdesk - ext. 2959
- Departmental purchases such as stationery, books, travel, small items of equipment, software, use via mail order and internet suppliers.
- ISS, Estate Management Services and Commercial Services may in addition use cards to purchase computer and telecoms equipment, building materials, cleaning equipment and catering supplies.
- Any other category of items by prior written permission of the Director of Finance.
NOTE that cards may be declined by retailers at point of use if they are used for non-approved purchase categories specified by the Director of Finance.
Corporate credit cards
The corporate credit card is intended for the following types of personal expense incurred solely for University business purposes that would normally be reclaimed through expense claims:
- Personal travel and accommodation expenses incurred whilst on University business. Any other category of items by prior written permission of the Director of Finance.
- All other forms of personal expenses incurred will be reimbursed through the expenses system.
NOTE: For the full detail of the rules and limitations regarding the different types of cards see Financial Procedure Note FPN 10 (.pdf, Essex users only)
All enquiries regarding the issuing and use of payment cards please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org