Lectures will present theoretical and professional issues and will include:
- Ultrasound and its Propagation in Tissue
- Image Generation, acquisition, optimisation and interpretation
- Ultrasound Artifacts
- Principles of Doppler Ultrasound
- Development of Ultrasound Imaging Technology
- Equipment Choice and Manipulation
- Equipment Appraisal and Evaluation
- Image Recording
- Ultrasound Bioeffects
- Quality Assurance
The module teaching material will be available to all registered students via the university’s intranet learning platform, Moodle.
There are no timetabled tutorials, students are encouraged to e-mail the module leader for learning support if required.
Students will be introduced to the skills required to manipulate ultrasound equipment for safe and optimal use.
We understand that deciding where and what to study is a very important decision for you. We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities as described on our website. However, if we need to make material changes, for example due to significant disruption, or in response to COVID-19, we’ll let our applicants and students know as soon as possible.