Welcome week offers a series of workshops, talks, events and activities for all new students, whatever their stage of study.
As well as registering as an Essex student, we have a full programme of events and activities designed to help you get the best start possible to life at Essex.
We'll introduce you to your academic department, student life and the range of support available to you through the University and the Students' Union.
6 Welcome week essentials
- Living in University accommodation? Move into your new home on Arrivals Day - Sunday 30 September.
- Our big welcome talks are an unmissable part of Welcome week, taking place on Monday 1 October.
- Registration at Essex is a two-step process. Please complete step one of registration online before you arrive. Once you're at Colchester campus, please attend your departmental registration session during Welcome week.
- Your departmental induction event is a vital start to your degree at Essex, whatever your level of study. These are taking place throughout the week. Please ensure you attend. Find yours on the what's on guide or your Pocket Essex diary tile.
- Is English your second language? If so, please make sure you attend the Essex English Language Assessment briefing on Monday 1 October.
- Attend one of our optional workshops or enjoy activities daily on the squares. Plus, the University of Essex Students' Union Freshers programme has lots on, daytime and evening.
If you are an international student you may also need to take the Essex English Language Assessment, or attend the Tier 4 Information talk.
Fancy a cuppa, lunch or a drink with a new friend?
Across Colchester campus there are cafes, restaurants and bars, all open to students. These cater to suit all tastes and include a number of non-alcoholic venues.
Make sure you are in the know
Join our event page on Facebook to find out everything you need to know about Welcome week.
Download our Pocket Essex app to see your own essential Welcome week events, and what's on guide.
Learn more about your Students' Union, including their Freshers social programme.
Need some help?
Our Welcome webpages are full of information to help you get settled into University life.
If you can't find the answer there, please contact us at the Student Services Hub, your gateway to student information services at the University of Essex.
Telephone: 01206 874000