Alumni gatherings hold a special place in our hearts. They reunite us with long-lost colleagues from our student years, offer the chance to reconnect with cherished mentors and teachers after years apart, and create opportunities to forge new friendships with those who share our educational roots.

The upcoming Department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies 30th Anniversary Alumni Reception holds an even deeper significance as it commemorates three decades of the Department's journey through challenges, growth, and blossoming achievements. This celebration is not only a reflection on our collective journey but also a celebration of the very essence of the Department's existence. The event will unfold at a location deeply meaningful to us all, the Freud Museum London. This museum holds a special place in our hearts as it was once Freud's residence and the birthplace of his final work, Moses and Monotheism, a daring testament to his bravery, as noted by Joseph Campbell.

Indeed, it is this very spirit of boldness upon which our Department stands. In an era when depth psychologies are often relegated to the periphery of psychological discourse, our Department not only endures but thrives. We demonstrate that not only can we teach depth psychologies within academic settings, but we can also cultivate an internationally recognised community renowned for its robust research culture, all while leading our field's advancement.

Our celebration of the Department extends to every individual who has contributed to creating this nurturing space. These individuals include those who generously share their knowledge and expertise, shaping the next generation of scholars and practitioners, as well as those who have joined our community through the years, adding momentum to our collective pursuit of knowledge. Those of us who had the privilege of studying at the former Centre of Psychoanalytic Studies, now known as the Department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies, are profoundly grateful for the transformative experience it provides. We have strived to push boundaries, to offer back to our shared community, and to share the incredible journey we've undertaken during our studies.

PPS holds a special place in my heart. I've been an active participant in its innovative evolution and have witnessed first-hand the pivotal milestones that have transformed the Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies into the Department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies that stands today. As both a student and now a colleague, I am fortunate to have traversed the realms of PPS. Completing my MA in Jungian and Post-Jungian Studies and my PhD in Psychoanalytic Studies within these walls has been a true honour. The education I received was not merely transformative; it was a revelation that ignited my passion for exploration and discovery. Today, as a lecturer, researcher, and Director of Education within the same department, I feel deeply privileged to contribute to the intellectual development of our students and the advancement of our field. My journey intertwined with PPS has been both a personal and professional revelation, and I am excited to see how this chapter continues to shape my future career.

Therefore, the Alumni Reception stands as a unique moment for me. It's an opportunity to reconnect with the pioneers who laid the foundations of our cherished Department, to reunite with colleagues from the past, and to engage with professors who have been instrumental in shaping both myself and the broader community throughout the years, even as they've transitioned from daily teaching duties.

To commemorate this remarkable milestone, we extend a warm invitation to all alumni of the Department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies to join us for a special Alumni Reception. This event serves as an ideal platform for reconnecting, networking, and sharing the memories and experiences that have indelibly shaped our lives and careers.

At the reception, The Tritonics, a jazz ensemble widely recognised in the London music scene, will enchant us with their rhythmic groove, crafting music that beckons dancing. Drawing inspiration from a variety of sources, their performances offer a harmonious blend of structured compositions and spirited improvisations.

I am looking forward to celebrating this momentous milestone and honouring the legacy of insight, understanding, and growth that defines the Department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies.