Claiming staff expenses

What you can claim for

Expense claims should primarily be for ad hoc travel and subsistence related items. Any expense type not found within the system should be sought to be procured by other means, ie. all accommodation and travel should be procured via the University’s designated travel provider prior to the event.

Further information relating to expense claims is available on the Finance Section SharePoint pages.

How to claim your expenses

All expense claims for staff should be made using the Unit 4 Business World system and will be paid directly into the same bank account your salary is paid into. Any external staff should continue to submit a paper claim form to their department.

Log in to claim your expenses

All claims for reimbursement must be converted into Pounds Sterling (£) before being entered into the claims system.

Expenses financial regulations

All expenses claims should be made within one month from the date the expense occurred. Any claims over three months old will be received by Financial Compliance before payment will be considered.

For further information relating to compliance of expense claims please refer to the Travel and Expenses FPN’s.

Arrow symbol
Contact us
Financial Compliance For any queries relating to the financial procedures
Payments Team For details on when your claim is going to be paid
Arrow symbol
Contact us
Commercial Applications For any Unit 4 Business World queries