Fri 4 Nov 22
CLICK is seven years old! And what seven years they have been…
CLICK, in case you didn’t know, is a really simple crowdfunding platform specifically for Essex students. It’s different from normal crowdfunding platforms because it doesn’t charge you any fees, and it doesn’t take any of the money you raise. In fact, it gives you more!
CLICK is special because it offers students match funding for their projects, meaning you could get up to an additional £1,000 towards your big idea.
Maybe a theatre project, a business start-up, equipment for your sports team, or money towards a society event.
Look at what it’s achieved in seven years
• Supported over 1,500 students
• Raised over £500k
• Received over 6,500 pledges
• Given £165k in match funding from the University
It’s open to all students, from any department – we want to support your big ideas and make them a reality.
Click projects we’ve loved getting behind
• Edinburgh Fringe Festival – you’ve probably heard of it, but did you know that our East 15 students often perform there too? We’ve helped over 130 East 15 students fund their productions at the festival, many going on to secure national bookings
• Sports – every year sports teams use CLICK to enhance their club whether raising money for new equipment or to take them to a competition. Our most recent project saw 3 students raise £2,350 which was enough to enable them to compete at the International University Tennis Tournament in Rome
•Live theatre showcases – in 2020 and 2021, COVID-19 restrictions meant East 15 students couldn’t perform their live showcases, but at the end of last year they raised over £2,750 to fund it themselves, finally giving them the opportunity to perform to an audience of industry professionals, secure an agent and be seen by casting directors and theatre companies from across the country
How to get started with CLICK
Visit our website and get to know a bit more about how it works.
When you think you’re ready, submit an application – our team is on hand to answer any questions and support you along the way.
When your project is ready to go live, it’s time to craft your campaign, build your crowd and turn your idea into a reality!