The gym and activity studios are getting a complete overhaul, including a brand new cycle studio, all new equipment, mats, weights and more.
We’ve teamed up with Technogym, official supplier to the last six Olympic Games, to bring you the elite in fitness equipment to enhance your experience and help you reach your health and fitness goals. The gym refurbishment will take place over the next two weeks, so below are some key things to keep in mind if you're planning to use the gym in that time.
- Monday 17 – Wednesday 19 September: the CV, dumbbells and cables, resistance machines and stretch areas will be unavailable as new equipment is installed. The Performance Zone (weight lifting platforms and benches) and the functional zones will remain open.
- Thursday 20 September: all of the new CV equipment, cables and dumbbells, and resistance machines will be available for use. We will have eight new resistance machines installed in the performance area that will look after all major muscle groups. The full gym will be open.
- Wednesday 26 September: eight new platforms will be installed in the performance area so this will be unavailable for the day.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest developments.
In the meantime, here's a look at some of the fantastic new equipment you can take advantage of with an Essex Sport Gym Membership:
- SKILLBIKE is the first stationary bike with a real gear shift that lets you experience the thrill and challenges of the outdoors.
- SKILLROW is the first rowing machine capable of improving anaerobic power, aerobic capacity and neuromuscular abilities in a single solution.
- SKILLMILL - inspired by athletes, this non-motorised training system helps you improve power, speed, stamina and agility.
- SKILLRUN users can combine cardio and power training in a single workout, thanks to its unique MULTIDRIVE TECHNOLOGY™.