The Timetabling and Room Booking Team is a specialised team within the Academic Section responsible for the creation and maintenance of the University’s central timetable, and the management of room bookings within centrally allocated spaces on the Colchester and Southend campuses.
The Timetabling and Room Booking Team works collaboratively with colleagues across academic departments and Professional Services to gather accurate teaching and room booking requirements. We manage the balance between timetabled teaching events and other events that need to take place on the University’s campuses, while optimising the utilisation of space.
- Support the production and publication of the University’s timetable at the end of August
- Train Departmental Timetable Officers in timetable processes and support the collection of timetable information
- Action individual student timetable change requests, such as moving class groups
- Liaise with the Departmental Timetable Officers to resolve timetable issues that may arise
- Coordinating the collation and booking of rooms for core University activities, such as calendared meetings, graduation, exams and Welcome Week
- Provide a room booking service for non-teaching events, for staff and Student clubs and societies
- Maintain an accurate record of centrally-managed rooms and related resources, liaising with Estate Management Section and Innovation and Technology Solutions as appropriate
Getting in touch
For timetabling queries or teaching delivery changes, academic staff should contact their respective Departmental Timetabling Officer.
Staff can book a room for meetings, conferences or other non-teaching event using the online form. General queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries should be referred to their academic department in the first instance.
Clashes and class change requests can be reported through the online timetable.
Students’ Union clubs and societies should use the online form to place a room booking request.
Individual students are able to access central teaching rooms for private study when they are available. Students can book a room for group study through their academic department, who can sponsor and submit a booking on their behalf.
To book rooms at the University of Essex for meetings, conferences and other events external organisations should contact our Event Essex team.