LEAP is our student-centred personalised engagement tool, that displays student engagement with Moodle, FASER, Listen Again, the Library, University computers and attendance.
LEAP displays a holistic view of your students’ studying experience, to help you identify and support them more effectively. LEAP also provides students with the opportunity to take control of their own learning and make more informed choices about their studies.
The student engagement webpages provide the following information that you may find useful.
Engagement and progress
- Viewing engagement and attendance on LEAP
- How and why we monitor engagement, including the Student Engagement Policy (.pdf)
- How we can support engagement
- Recording online attendance
- Recording face-to-face attendance
- Using cards to record face-to-face attendance
- Forgotten or lost cards
- Faulty cards or card readers
- How to report an absence
- Periods of extended absence
- Jury service
Enter your usual Essex login (without @essex.ac.uk) and password.
Please note that LEAP is not supported by Internet Explorer. Please open in Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.