When requesting to set up a new supplier, please ensure:
- You follow the process map to ensure you are filling out the correct sheet for your request i.e. the red sheet (‘Supplier Request Form’) or the green sheet (‘Supplier Request Form IR35’), please note you do not need to fill out both forms.
- If the supplier is sole trader/self-employed or a personal services company (definitions of these are in the guidance sheet highlighted purple in the attached) please inform the relevant hiring manager or budget holder that they need to complete the HRMC ESS (Employment Status Service) Tool as highlighted in the process chart. If the HRMC ESS Tool result is not submitted the New Supplier form will be rejected. If the result is out of scope the red sheet (‘Supplier request form’) will need to be completed, if in scope the green sheet (‘supplier request form IR35’) will need to be completed. But in both cases the HRMC ESS Tool result needs to be attached.
- If the supplier is not a sole trader/self-employed or a personal services company then only the red sheet (‘Supplier Request Form’) will need to be completed.
- All cells highlighted red need to be completed before the New Supplier Request is approved by procurement.
- Where relevant elements of the form require evidence or a submission. You must attach this evidence or submission to the email when sending the new supplier request otherwise your NSR will be rejected.
For procurement to process your request in a timely matter you must ensure you have completed all fields and attached bank details as well all other relevant documents. Failure to do so will result in a delay between the time of request and time of set up.
- If your supplier is a sole trader/self-employed or a personal services company please go back to the relevant hiring manager or budget holder and ask for the HRMC ESS Tool result.
- If you are the hiring manager or budget holder and need further advice around IR35 please contact your HR representative or contact procurement.
Please note all incomplete forms will be rejected and sent back to the requester.