Language coordinators from the Department of Languages & Linguistics are responsible for Modern Language and Joint Honours language degree students. Language coordinators have no responsibility for incoming students. Language coordinators have the following administrative responsibilities:
- Making academic decisions relating to outgoing language students, whilst liaising with relevant staff (DSAO if joint honours student).
- Advising students of language requirements regarding international mobility and progression, ensuring the Rules of Assessment for language progression are followed.
- Ensuring students select a host institution that allows the appropriate progression in all of the languages studied.
- Providing academic advice to outgoing students, ensuring modules studied are appropriate to their level and area of study.
- Providing administrative support through approving modules and documentation. For example; approval and signing of learning agreements, approval of changes to modules during study abroad period.
- Attending exam boards as invited.
- Promote international experiences available through Essex Abroad to departments and students.