Clearing 2021

Reporting a concern about the welfare of a member of the University community

If you have a concern regarding the welfare or vulnerability of a member of our University community, or about a visitor to one of our campuses, you are responsible for reporting this. If your concern is about a child, you must make this a priority.

However, you do not have any responsibility or authority to attempt to resolve this concern and you must not attempt to do so.

How to report a concern

You can report a concern by one of the following:

Sometimes a concern that you raise or report may not become a safeguarding case. When a concern has been raised, an early assessment will be made to establish whether the case will be managed by the safeguarding team or if the information should be referred to other University support services.

If the matter is urgent and you feel that the person is at immediate risk and requires emergency services, please contact University security.


In accordance with data protection legislation, we'll keep information you submit in confidence. However we may need to take specific action based on the information you give us to protect the health and welfare of our University community. Although we strive to ensure privacy we can't always guarantee absolute confidentiality.

Contact us
Contact us
Safeguarding Contact us if you have any queries about safeguarding or training.