Applications for new undergraduate students for 2019-20 are now open.
All full-time undergraduate students studying at our Colchester Campus are entitled to accommodation for the first year of study provided they fulfil the following two conditions:
- You return your application by 11.59pm on Friday 23 August 2019
- You have not, in the previous academic year, had an allocation of University owned or administered accommodation that commenced before the end of the autumn term and ended after the start of the summer term
All full-time undergraduate students studying at our Southend Campus are entitled to accommodation for the first year of study as long as they return their application by the deadline date.
Please only select areas you are willing to accept as we will not make any changes once an offer has been sent.
If you have chosen us as your insurance choice, you will only be able to apply for accommodation here, once you have become 'firm' with Essex.
You will not receive an offer of accommodation until your academic status is unconditional.The guarantee does not apply to other student categories.
For more information please refer to our Allocations Policy.
Our Allocation Policy covers:
- the criteria for students who want to apply for accommodation
- details of those students who are guaranteed accommodation and
- how we will prioritise applications for returning students, part-year students and those on the waiting list
If you are allocated accommodation you will enter into a legal contract with Accommodation Essex and you will be liable to pay the rent for your room for the full term of the contract.
Please read our terms carefully before accepting any offer of accommodation:
Contact your Student Services Hub if you have any queries relating to accommodation applications.
Make sure you read the Application Guide (.pdf) before making an application for accommodation.
New undergraduate students are not required to make a prepayment (previously known as a deposit).