Applications for new students are made via the My Essex Applicant Portal. Applications are now open.
All full-time undergraduate students studying at our Colchester Campus are entitled to accommodation for the first year of study provided they fulfil the following two conditions:
- You return your application by 11.59pm on Friday 21 August 2020
- You have not, in the previous academic year, had an allocation of University owned or administered accommodation that commenced before the end of the autumn term and ended after the start of the summer term
All full-time undergraduate students studying at our Southend Campus are entitled to accommodation for the first year of study as long as they return their application by the deadline date.
If you want to secure your accommodation for longer, then as you are a new student for 2020-21, you can take advantage of our new 3 year Southend Campus deal offering a 10% rent reduction for each of the 3 years, plus free summer storage for your belongings.
If you have chosen us as your insurance choice, you will only be able to apply for accommodation here, once you have a 'firm' academic offer with Essex.
For more information please refer to our Allocations Policy.
Our Allocation Policy covers:
- the criteria for students who want to apply for accommodation
- details of those students who are guaranteed accommodation and
- how we will prioritise applications for returning students, part-year students and those on the waiting list
If you are allocated accommodation you will enter into a legal contract with Accommodation Essex and you will be liable to pay the rent for your room for the full term of the contract.
Please read our terms carefully before accepting any offer of accommodation:
Contact your Student Services Hub if you have any queries relating to accommodation applications.
New undergraduate students are not required to make an advanced rent payment (previously known as a prepayment).