Student Documentation Ordering System

Welcome to the Student Documentation Ordering System, which will allow you to order and, where applicable, pay for the documents you require. To do this you will need to complete the following steps:

Step 1 – Select the documents you require.
Step 2 – Enter your personal details and additional information, if required.

If you are a current student graduating in July 2016 and require a document please email with your request.

Document Refund Policy

  • December 2011

    Document Refund Policy

    Adobe PDF File

    Please read this document before proceeding with your order.

Important notes

New students

New students are not permitted to order documents from this site before they are registered. If you are a new student to the university you must register on your course before you can order any documents with regards to your status as a student. Please read the published information with regards to registration if you have not already done so. If you are not registered, and you place an order through this system, you will not be given your documents.

Documentation for more than one course

You can only place an order for one course or award at a time. If you require documentation for more than one course or award you will need to complete a separate online order for each.

Additional information may be required

Although the ordering process can be completed in two steps, additional information may be required depending on whether the person placing the order is a current or former student and what type of documentation is required.

Awards certificates and transcripts

All students will receive an award certificate and academic transcript (where applicable) when they graduate, without charge. Additional copies may be requested using the Student Documentation Ordering System, when a charge will be made.

Please note that research students do not receive an academic transcript.

Using credit or debit cards

When using the Student Documentation Ordering System, if you are required to make a payment this can only be carried out by one of the credit or debit cards we recognise.

Awards from Partner Instititions

If you are a graduate from a UK Partner Institution or college you may use this service to request replacement Award Certificates only. All other documents should be obtained from your institution directly.

Bank Letters

If you are ordering a bank letter you must ensure your term time contact address and permanent home address are correct. You can check and amend your information using myEssex. Incoming Study Abroad / Exchange students should visit Essex Abroad if they wish to receive a bank letter.

Postgraduate taught students

Postgraduate taught students may not be able to receive Award Confirmation Letters until all results have been confirmed. Orders placed before the confirmation of results will be postponed until results are made available, which may take longer than our usual turn around time.

Council tax exemption

Students in University accommodation are not required to pay council tax.

If you are unsure whether you are eligible for council tax exemption, please see advice on council tax.

If you are a resident in the Colchester borough, you do not need a certificate. Instead, you can register online for council tax exemption from Colchester Borough Council.

International students

If you are an international student ordering a bank letter, please note that you must collect this document in person presenting your BRP or relevant Visa to the Student Information Team.

What documents are available to order?

Current Students

The following documents may be ordered by current students – these documents relate to the course(s) you are currently registered on at the University of Essex only:

IDMax QtyDocument TitleFeeWhat is this document?
820Academic Transcripts£5 Details
71Bank LettersNone Details
13Certificate of RegistrationNone Details
21Certificate of Registration for travel outside Europe (European Union - EU)None Details
31Certificate of Registration to obtain a Schengen visa for European travel (European Union - EU)None Details
41Certificate of Registration to obtain an ATAS certificateNone Details
51Certificate of Registration to provide to the ArmyNone Details
61Council Tax CertificatesNone Details
Former Students

The following documents may be ordered by former students – these documents relate to course(s) which have been completed and where results have been published by the University of Essex:

If you were registered with the University pre-2014 and you wish to obtain a European Diploma Supplement please email

IDMax QtyDocument TitleFeeWhat is this document?
820Academic Transcripts£5 Details
95Award Certificates£40 Details
1010Award Confirmation Letters£5 Details
121DOATAP Award Confirmation Letters (Greek students only)£5 Details

Select one of the options below to order your documents now:


Please use the mouse to navigate. Do not use the Enter key.

If you are experiencing problems with this site please contact for assistance.