What we do
We work with students, graduates, University staff and employers (including
entrepreneurs and the not-for-profit sector) to enhance the employability of
Essex students and graduates, enrich their experience and add value to the wider
Our mission statement
Our mission is to give students a transformative education by providing
fantastic developmental experiences and helping them to make the most of these
experiences so they become more employable. In so doing we contribute to the
University’s aim of excellence in education and research.
You can download our What We Offer
leaflet (.pdf) to read and keep for easy access.
We were re-accredited by the
Matrix quality standard
in 2013 which assures the quality of information, advice and guidance.
Awards and recognition
- Winner of the AGCAS Award for Employability
Project of the Year 2015, in recognition of the
- Winner of THE Awards 2013 for Outstanding
Support for Students.
- Winner of Business In the Community Local
Impact Award for Work Inspiration 2013 (Eastern Region).
- Top 4 Finalist amongst UK Universities for Most Improved
Commitment to Employability in the National Placements & Internship Awards
- Runner-up in the AGCAS Student and Graduate Employability Award
for Excellence 2013.