MA832-6-FY: MATHEMATICS TEACHING PROJECT
Department: Mathematical Sciences
Essex credit: 30
ECTS credit: 15
Available to year(s) of study:
Available to Study Abroad / Exchange Students: No Full Year Module Available to Study Abroad / Exchange Students for a Single Term: No
||Dr. Chris Saker, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
||Miss Claire Watts, Departmental Administrator, Tel. 01206 873040, email cmwatts (Non essex users should add @essex.ac.uk to create the full email address)
|Module is taught during the following terms
This is a two-term teaching project for which a student should undertake about 150 hours work and a placement at at school.
The principal aim of the project is to enable a student to gain experience of teaching mathematics at secondary school level. Subsidiary aims are that the student should gain experience of solo work involving research concerning mathematics for secondary teaching, the production of a project report and an oral examination.
Upon completing a project a student should
1. have a good idea of the basic methods for obtaining information on a topic, including the efficient use of the library or a corresponding information source.
2. understand how to set about the preparation of a project report, including the correct methods for referencing source material
3. have experienced the difficulties of explaining the contents of a project report in an oral interview.
4. have experienced a placement at a secondary school.
100 per cent Coursework Mark
Information about coursework deadlines can be found in the "Coursework Information" section of the Current Students, Useful Information Maths web pages: Coursework and Test Information
Exam Duration and Period
- J Mason, L Burton & K Stacey, Thinking Mathematically
Should you have any queries about the Module Directory pages, please contact the Course Record Team, Systems Administration Office, Academic Section; email: crt (non Essex users should add @essex.ac.uk)