Life at Essex
Why not find out what life at Essex is really like? See more of our campuses,
facilities and accommodation and hear from our students and academics about what it's like to study with us.
We welcome students from around the world for a period of study abroad at
Essex and aim to offer you an outstanding international experience. You can
join our international community of original thinkers and gain something
unique within an academically challenging environment.
Why we're great
- We’ve got students from more than 130 countries and over 40% of our students
come from outside the UK making us one of the UK’s most internationally diverse universities.
- We'll provide you with all the support you need before you arrive
and during your studies, to make sure your time with us is as rewarding as possible.
This includes one-to-one sessions with academics and special English language sessions.
- You’ll be invited to join any of our 160+ clubs and societies.
We’ve got societies with a cultural and national focus, where you’ll be able to meet
people from similar backgrounds to you.
- Our Essex Pathways Department offers
a range of innovative courses at every level for international students entering higher education in the UK.
- We have very happy students – we're in the top ten for student satisfaction (English mainstream universities, National Student Survey 2016).
- Read our student testimonials to find
out what current students at the University think.
Our study abroad programmes
- Our Study at Essex Programme gives you the flexibility of
studying multiple disciplines across our departments (as long as you meet our entry requirements).
- The English Plus Programme allows you to combine
English language study and a semester of study in the same programme.
Our Essex Abroad team will support you before, during and after your time
with us. We also have several services to welcome you and help
you settle in, including:
Complete our enquiry
form if you have any questions about studying abroad at Essex.